- Start time
- 3 June 2016 10:30
- End time
- 3 June 2016 13:30
- 7-Eleven Store near Monzen-Nakacho subway station Exit 5
Enjoy old Edo Tokyo culture with a dramatic purification ceremony at a 300 year old temple and shopping at traditional small stores nearby.
Our morning starts with a visit to a Buddhist temple founded in 1703 in an old part of Tokyo. We will briefly tour the temple and watch up close a dramatic purification ceremony with powerful drumming, chanting and a bonfire. You can even have your bag blessed over the healing smoke.
Purified and energized by the ceremony, we will move to a neighborhood with old shops selling tea, scissors and knives, a wholesaler of colorful tenugui hand towels, a craftsman’s studio, street snacks, fans and more. Enjoy the traditional atmosphere, great gift shopping and some delicious snacks!
Tour fee includes a Japanese sweet and transportation between sites
- Tour size: 1-7
- Cash needed: Tour fee of ¥7,900, all taxes covered, includes one snack and transportation between sites
- Cancellation policy: No refunds without exception for no-shows or cancellations within 48 hours of start of tour.
- Weather: This tour is not cancelled for weather except in extreme circumstances (e.g., typhoons) in which case we will contact you and refund your payment in full.
- Physical activity: Light walking
- Dress: Casual
- Food: Tour includes a Japanese sweet.. Please indicate any food allergies.
- Wi-fi: Public wi-fi is not available along most of the route of this tour.
Photos/protocols: Photos are not allowed inside the Buddhist temple. Your guide will advise.
- Directions to starting point: Outside 7-Eleven Store near Monzen-Nakacho subway station Exit5
- Guide contact will be provided after you register.